[Moin-user] MoinMoin incompatible with Python 1.5.2 ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at int-evry.fr
Thu Apr 18 08:39:03 EDT 2002

Hi.

I've successfully used MoinMoin with a server running Python2.

I also tried to use it with a production server running Python 1.5.2 (on
a RedHat 7.2 GNU/Linux distribution).

There are some problems with syntax that prevent some of the functions
to work, that might be easily modified (see attached patch).

I've read that in the CHANGES file :
  "Overall, MoinMoin 0.11 is not explicitely tested for 1.5.2
   compatibility."

Any more details on what may (not) work with the old Python ?

Maybe a specific page could be added to the MoinMoin Wiki about that
specific issue (or did I miss it ?)...

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
--