[Moin-user] moinmoin on mathopd?

clemensF ino-ebd11dcc at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Tue Apr 2 04:04:12 EST 2002

hi :)

to make it as short as possible, here's what works:

  http:/host/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi

gives me moinmoin's FrontPage, but the links on that page look like:

  http://localhost:8887/moin/cgi-bin/WordIndex,

so that little "/moin.cgi?" isn't there.  it must be a case of wrong
configuration, but the answer is not with mathopd (a small server), but
with moinmoin.  going to
"http://localhost:8887/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi?WordIndex" makes it work.

here's test.cgi's output:

Package "MoinMoin" sucessfully imported.

Release  0.11
Revision 1.148

Checking directories...
    data directory tests OK (set to '/usr/local/moin/share/moin/data')
    text directory tests OK (set to '/usr/local/moin/share/moin/data/text')
    user directory tests OK (set to '/usr/local/moin/share/moin/data/user')
    backup directory tests OK (set to '/usr/local/moin/share/moin/data/backup')

Found an external diff: "diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7"

Server Environment:
    REQUEST_URI = '/moin/cgi-bin/test.cgi'
    SERVER_ADDR = '127.0.0.1'
    REMOTE_HOST = 'localhost'
    SERVER_PROTOCOL = 'HTTP/1.0'
    SERVER_PORT = '8887'
    HTTP_HOST = 'localhost:8887'
    REQUEST_METHOD = 'GET'
    SCRIPT_NAME = '/moin/cgi-bin/test.cgi'
    SERVER_SOFTWARE = 'Mathopd/1.4b15'
    PYTHONPATH = '/usr/local/moin/lib/python2.0/site-packages'
    REMOTE_ADDR = '127.0.0.1'

additional info:

whoami:
http
pwd:
/usr/local/moin/share/moin/cgi-bin

of all the things moin relys on i think PATH_INFO is missing.  mathopd sets
PATH_INFO only if the user specifies the URL like this:

  http://localhost:8887/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/habla/makara

when "PATH_INFO=/habla/makara" appears in the environment.  this makes
sense to me, but see above, i need PATH_INFO even when that cgi isn't
mentioned, and the way things look to me, this is the "apache-standard".

so what i need is some sort of rewriting.  transform

  http://localhost:8887/moin/cgi-bin/FrontPage

into

  http://localhost:8887/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi?FrontPage  -or-
  http://localhost:8887/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/FrontPage,

the latter to have PATH_INFO == /FrontPage.  nonetheless, the former makes
more sense to me.

clemens fischer