[Moin-user] HTML macro/parser extension?

Tim Bird tbird at lineo.com
Fri Sep 21 08:58:05 EDT 2001

Scott Evans wrote:

> Hi.  In the MoinMoinFaq page, there's a description of how to include
> raw HTML within a Wiki page, but it doesn't work on my system.
>
> I notice this caveat:
>   All of this only works if the HTML extensions (HTML macro and parser)
>   are installed.
>
> But I can't find anything about these extensions.  Can anyone explain?
> Thanks!

I think what you describe above is for the "#format html"
feature, which is useful if the entire page is HTML.

If you just want a snippet of HTML embedded in your page, you
can use the INCREDIBLY simple macro shown below.  Just cut
it out and put it in the file HTML.py your MoinMoin macro
directory.

"""
    HTML macro

    by Christian Bird <chris.bird at lineo.com>
"""

def execute(macro, args):
    return args or " "

Then you can do something like:

[[HTML(<font color="red">)]]this would be red[[HTML(</font>)]]