[moin-devel] [moin-user] moinmoin 2.0 stable release

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 11:26:29 EST 2022

On Thursday, 3 March 2022 01:41:44 CET Steve McIntyre wrote:

> OK. I think things have changed a bit over the years - IME it's more
> common to include the upstream source in the repo too, with branches
> to hewlp organise things. No big issue dealing with either, to be
> honest.

Debian (and Free Software projects generally) really has to choose one way of
doing things and stick to it, but I suppose that is a topic for another time.
In any case, I will happily make packaging resources available in the right
form, as long as it is not overly onerous to do so.

[...]

> If we're likely to be working together on a few packages, I'd suggest
> that it might make sense to simply set up a moin-team group on our
> gitlab instance at salsa.debian.org. We can easily collaborate that
> way and do reviews and uploads readily. Apologies for immediately
> suggesting moving from your own hg server, but salsa is the place
> where most Debian work is done these days.

Yes, I only published the resources in my own repositories because I don't
have a Salsa account yet, and I don't use GitHub out of choice, where some
might have put them. (I also don't use Git out of choice, either, but it is
sadly unavoidable in most situations now.)

> Paul (and Lukasz!): let me know if you're happy to work this way and
> I'll get the team set up. If you don't have an account already on
> salsa, please go ahead and create one and then let me know the
> username so I can add you to the team.
>
> Finally: maybe let's move the Debian-specific bits off the moin-devel
> list? We can always come back here with questions and patches as we
> have them.

OK, I've registered an account which now needs to be approved. The username
should be "pboddie" if that goes through.

Paul