[moin-devel] Porting Moin Moin to Python 3

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sun Jan 13 17:32:58 EST 2019

> I've been using MoinMoin for many many years and just got hit with it not
> working for python3 wsgi.

Right, moin 1.9.x and also unreleased "moin2" still require py27.

> I'd like to find out what your plans are beyond the Wiki and how I might help.

Best help is getting involved in moin2 development and working on
issues, but not porting to py3 right now.

There are quite a lot of more pressing things to do than the py3 port
and the py3 port might even rather get in the way / slow down these
things (and also delaying the release of moin2).

See the github issue tracker for stuff to do:

https://github.com/moinwiki/moin