[Moin-devel] > MoinMoin1.3.1

Robert Seeger robert.seeger at orsoft.de
Thu Jan 27 03:50:21 EST 2005

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:06:01 +0100
> From: Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de>
> To: moin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Moin-devel] > MoinMoin1.3.1
>
> > there should be a hint about the __init__.py needed since
> Version 1.3.2
>
> I don't think this requirement is new. It should be there for quite a
> while (and being documented in CHANGES hopefully).
>
> > I don't know why all our wikis have worked before 1.3.2.
> But now this
> > file is important.
>
> The early versions of the plugin loader were severely broken (don't
> remember until when, but maybe around 1.1 or early 1.2).
>
> Then it got replaced by a working plugin loader.
>
> And even later, I think it was modified again.
>
> > Probably one of the migration tools should be enhanced to
> fix this too.
>
> Yes, we could just copy those __init__.py in there.
>
> But it is documented that plugins aren't fixed by the mig scripts, so
> this is a missing feature, not a bug. :)

Sorry to object, but this is a serious bug. Just remove __init__.py from the
data/plugin directory of a wiki which does   n o t   have any plugins under
data/plugin and see what happens!
In my CGI (IIS) version I just get:
 CGI Error
 The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers.
which isn't very helpful anyway. Only after forcing a http header (ASCII) on
sys.stdout you see the proper error message:
 [Thu Jan 27 12:31:50 2005] MoinMoin Configuration Error:
 Could not import plugin package from
"D:\WEBServer\Homepage\moin\master11\data\" because of ImportError:
 No module named plugin.

 Make sure your data directory path is correct, check permissions, and
 that the data/plugin directory has an __init__.py file.

Thus, not having this file breaks any migrated wiki instance, not just a
specific plugin. This should definitely be avoided by a fixed migration
script.

Kind Regards,
Robert