[Moin-devel] [ moin-Patches-1099576 ] Automatic account creation

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 24 06:39:18 EST 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by geekatcmu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=308482&aid=1099576&group_id=8482

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Premise: http_auth_enabled isn't very interesting (as
is) when all of your users are authenticated via a
trusted mechanism as they all must go through a second
sign-on process (admittedly, only once).

My patch includes a couple bits:
1) adds an auto_account variable to multiconfig.py
(defaults to 0 of course).
2) Modifies User.__init__ in user.py such that, if
auto_account and http_auth_enabled are both set,
default some user information and save it.
3) Modifies normalizeName in user.py such that "." and
"@" are permissible characters in usernames.  This is
necessary for my environment because we use
mod_pubcookie for authentication. mod_pubcookie returns
userids like "geek at ANDREW.CMU.EDU" (e.g. the Kerberos
domain is part of the id).

If this patch is accepted I'll update the appropriate
documentation.  If the documentation has to come first,
let me know and I'll deal with it.