[Moin-devel] dependencies[] for macros

Jim Clark jim at clarkster.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 15:24:38 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm wondering about the dependencies[] section that moinmoin macros
include to declare how they should be cached.  I understand that
Dependencies = ["time"] means that a macro will not be cached, but I see
that StatsChart.py uses Dependencies = ["time24:00"].

Two questions:
  * presumably ["time24:00"] means refresh once per day, but I couldn't
find anywhere in the codebase that uses this - is this part of the cache
system magic?
  * if so, I'd like to update
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/macro/FeedParser, and part of this would
be to include some caching for parsed rss feeds.  Is it possible to say
that a macro should be recalculated (say) every two hours?

Thanks,
Jim