[Moin-devel] Slow load on edit action

Florian Festi festifn at rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 27 23:59:32 EDT 2004

> (Note:  I'm running a heavily-modified version of moin
> 1.2.3)
>
> Everything in our wiki is relatively snappy: browsing
> pages, clicking info, Recent Changes, etc.  The only
> thing that takes a long time for the server to send to
> the user is the edit action.  When action=edit is
> invoked it takes a really long time for the server to
> send the edit page to the user.  I've tried hunting
> down the possible source of this slowdown, and without
> much luck.  It's clearly in PageEditor.sendEditor()
> but even if I replace sendEditor() with something
> simple (such as just writing the http headers and just
> that) it will still take a very long time to send this
> to the client machine.  What could be the possible
> source of this?

We had some peoples that had delays (IIRC at the edits). Problem in this
cases were DNS problems on Windows maschines. IIRC they did not find their
own hostname. Delay was exactly the DNS timeout. Solution was adding own
name to the hosts file (don't ask me where exactly it is located in Win)

I cannot find the mails right now, perhaps search the mail archive.

 	cu

 		FlorianFesti