[Moin-devel] Re: PATCH - underlaid directory for system pages

Fujio Nobori toh at fuji-climb.org
Sat Feb 28 06:25:01 EST 2004

Hello,

As I mentioned before, I put my "underlay_dir" patch on my
site:

    http://toh.no-ip.com/TohToh/

There, I've got a comment saying that:

>> hmm
>> I just found a catch in the underlay_dir patch consider
>> having some page in the underlying directory.  Lets say
>> that is SomeSystemPage note that I cannot delete/rename
>> it now I go edit SomeSystemPage this copies it into the
>> working_dir now I can delete it which will resurface the
>> original SomeSystemPage or I can rename it, again
>> surfacing the old page thats stupid

And my answer is that:

toh>>  There could be some solutions for this.
toh>>      1. Take it as it is. Put files which are really
toh>>         needed in the underlay directory :)
toh>>      2. Add a new option, something like
toh>>         'underlay_hidden_files', which takes a list of
toh>>         not-to-be-shown files in the underlay dir.
toh>>         This needs the admin to work for this, but it,
toh>>         I think, should be enough for most of the cases.
toh>>      3. Create a list of deleted filenames and keep it
toh>>         somewhere. And check against the list whether
toh>>         pages in the underlay directory shoud be shown.
toh>>  The whole concept of this is that you can put files
toh>>  needed by default into a shared directory. So it's
toh>>  not a big problem if you cannot delete or rename the
toh>>  files in that directory.
toh>>
toh>>  Well, I will go fot the second option. (toh)

Before I will go for any option, I would like to know what
others think.

Just "I like this way," or "Who needs this?" is good enough.

Thank you very much.

--
Fujio Nobori                                     il|li
    email: toh at fuji-climb.org                   q|@.@|p