[Moin-devel] where is the real HEAD?

Oliver Graf ograf at bitart.de
Sun Dec 28 05:38:01 EST 2003

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 11:22:45AM +0100, Oliver Graf wrote:
> Yep, that code looks well suited for a FastCGI adaption. I think this
> should get me a running FastCGI version this evening. Should I send patches
> to this list?

Ok, I've got a multi-threaded FastCGI MoinMoin running, but I don't
know if this would be stable, cause there are lot of places where
globals are used. So it would be better to swicth to a single threaded
FastCGI version.

As I told before, I don't have any knowledge what twisted ist (sounds
a lot like Zope). Does anybody know if twisted is multi-threaded? If
yes, and MoinMoin makes no problems with it's globals, it should also
be save to run a multi-threaded FastCGI MoinMoin... (normally a global
dict as in user.py should be thread-save by pythons implementation --
but a mutex would be normally the right thing to employ in such
places...)

I made changes to request.py (new RequestFastCGI), added a fcgmain
which handles FastCGI requests and starts the fcg main loop, added a
threaded FastCGI library (thfcgi.py) and a main.fcg.

Oliver.