[Moin-devel] Re: Development version and Twisted

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 13:29:03 EST 2003

Paul Moore <pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> It wasn't hard to get something basic running.

I've hacked on this a bit more, and have got a setup which supports
the Twisted "mktap" framework. I've attached the necessary files -
unzip the archive into your MoinMoin package directory
(.../lib/site-packages/MoinMoin) and that should be all.

To create a ".tap" file, just do

<logfile> can default (the default is None, ie, log to stdout). <port>
defaults to 8080. <htdocs> should be specified as the location of
the "shared" htdocs (where img and CSS files come from). For my
Windows setup, this is C:\Apps\Python\share\moin\htdocs, but I'm not
sure there is a useful default. <instance> is the directory of the
instance - it's where the moin_config.py file is stored, and where the
server's current directory is at the start (so data_dir = './data/' in
moin_config.py works).

To run the server, just do

    twistd -f MoinMoin.tap

MoinMoin.tap is the file created by mktap above.

Hope this is useful,
Paul.