[Moin-devel] WikiName

Won Kyu Park wkpark at chem.skku.ac.kr
Sun Sep 15 09:02:02 EDT 2002

WikiPedia does not use the *automagical* link stuff

the link syntax procedure of the WikiPedia:
 1. First letter of target is automatically capitalized
 2. Spaces are converted into underscores.

It use linkage syntax as [[new page]] [[particle in a box]]
and that links to 'New_page' 'Particle_in_a_box'

I propose a new extended syntax as following procedure:

 1. use with single bracket contains [A-Za-z0-9] and single space
  re_syntax: '\[(/?[A-Za-z0-9] ?)+\]'
  ex) [new page] [I love you] [a small box]
 2. render as is, link to *capitalized wikiname*

    wiki link           renderd            link to
   [new page]           new page           NewPage
   [particle in a box]  particle in a box  ParticleInAaBox (See Wiki:DoubleCharacterLinkPattern)

this is a test page for it http://chem.skku.ac.kr/~kle/moin/NewExtendedName

this new syntax mechanism also very useful for CJK users
(It is so troublesome for me to typeset as ["foobar foobar bra bra"])

 any comments are welcome

Regards,

Won-kyu Park