[Moin-devel] Formatter Troubles

Lele Gaifax lele at seldati.it
Tue Oct 15 14:48:02 EDT 2002

    KK> So, the problem is, I have text like

    KK> foo *bar*

    KK> What I get is:

    KK> <strong></strong>foo bar

    KK> Through debug variables, I've absolutely confirmed that strong
    KK> is called to open and close before "bar" is sent to rawtext.

    KK> Why might this be? Are there any other pitfalls you can think
    KK> of that are going to continue to bite me as a struggle mapping
    KK> the way formatters work to the way building an XML file via
    KK> DOM work?

This is the same thing that happens, in some circumstances, under
PyApache. I guess it has something to do with the way moin emits its
text, some time using sys.stdout.write, some time using print
statements: some parts of moin replace sys.stdout to get the output of
"subparts" (macros for example).

I've spent some time to track the problem, with out luck.

bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivro' di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincero' ad aver paura di chi mi copia.