[Mobile-sig] Android build changes

Russell Keith-Magee russell at keith-magee.com
Wed Sep 12 21:37:39 EDT 2018

On 12 September 2018 at 6:31:45 pm, David Boddie (david at boddie.org.uk) wrote:
On Wednesday 12. September 2018 09.35.55 Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> The references on the BeeWare chat are about Android Studio, the Android
> build system, and the changes to the Android gradle target. That versioning
> is (annoyingly) completely independent of the Android API version
> numbering. Over the last year, the Gradle format has radically changed, and
> the migration path hasn't been obvious. This is something we (BeeWare) have
> been wrestling with for about 6 months, but we haven’t had a lot of luck
> finding people who know both (a) Python and (b) Android who have
> volunteered to help out.

I'm sure I saw something about this in the Kivy list archive, which is why I
went looking in the Beeware Gitter logs. Incidentally, is the Gitter
discussion archived anywhere? It's not a lot of fun scrolling back through
the messages in a web browser.

Not that I’m aware of; the “web history” *is* the log AFAICT.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)