[Mobile-sig] Python Wiki Android page

Russell Keith-Magee russell at keith-magee.com
Mon Jan 8 18:53:44 EST 2018

I tried to log in and update the table, but the login page kept failing with “Invalid username or password”. Given that I’d just created the account and saved the credentials in LastPass, I’m guessing there’s something going on with the backend.

If someone who is already logged in cares to update the page:

 [BeeWare](https://beeware <https://beeware/>.org) is a collection of tools for building native user interfaces.

Python Versions: Python 3.4+

Open Source: Yes

Google Play links: None

APIs:

User interface: Native Android

Other Android APIs: All.

Java to Python integration: Yes

3rd party Libraries: Pure Python, plus any Java library

Build:

Standalone Android APK: Yes

iOS: Yes

Desktop OSs: Yes

The note at the bottom of the page about porting Jython can also be amended:

Android support in BeeWare is achieved using VOC, a tool that compiles Python source code to Java class files. This allows Python code to be executed as a native binary on the JVM.