[Mobile-sig] Android & iOS ports

Russell Keith-Magee russell at keith-magee.com
Sat Feb 21 03:05:35 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 8:26 PM, π <sunfish7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm very glad to see someone working on an Android port.
>
> I think the folks at Kivy
> <https://gist.github.com/p-i-/d835bb6e06e9e1a2f4c5> will be interested.
> They have ported Python 2.x to iOS and Android but they haven't yet
> addressed 3.x. It's been on their ToDo list for some time.
>
> I'm also interested. I've just finished writing a C++ Python wrapper (
> https://github.com/p-i-/PiCxx) and I've been hoping that iOS and Android
> Ports of Python3 would emerge at some time in the near future.
>
> My plan is to integrate Python into JUCE, which targets Windows, Linux, OS
> X and also iOS, Android.
>
> Does anyone know the status of Python3 iOS porting?

I'm currently focussing on patches for an iOS build. I've got Python 3.4.2
working on the iOS simulator, but the build process still requires a couple
of post-configure patches. There are also some runtime problems with
POSIX-related features (which, at the moment, look like they might be
related to the configure problems).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)