[Mobile-sig] imei numbers for mobile devices

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue Feb 3 10:07:00 CET 2015

Webmaster at python.org is now getting a request for 'how do I find out
the imei number of my mobile device' every month or so.  Now that this
list exists, I have just referred the first person over here.  But it
would be useful for me if we could collect the 'how to do it' info and
stick it on a python.org wiki page so I could just point people at
this.

I had a nokia phone where finding out the imei number this was trivially easy.

import sysinfo
print sysinfo.imei()

Is there any chance we could get this standard and cross-platform?  The big
demand on python.org seems to be 'how to find out the imei on my iphone'
but it would be good to know how to do this for android devices, notebooks,
Samsungs-new-OS whose name I forget right now, etc.

Laura