[Microbit-Python] micro:bit as an aid for the blind for Disabled Access Day 10th-11th March

Nevil Hunt nevil.hunt at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 04:14:55 EST 2017

After Andrew's post about the talk in Milton Keynes that I'd not spotted I thought I let everyone know about this event...

Some Digital Eagles in Yorkshire have come up with an aid for the blind using micro:bits that they plan to show at

Barclays, Leeds, Albion Street, LS1 5AA - 10th and 11th March

for

https://www.disabledaccessday.com/Barclays<https://www.disabledaccessday.com/barclays>

I'm told it uses the Python speech module

This is their 'dry run' from a couple of weeks ago

https://twitter.com/Laila_Mikaeel/status/827968552279871490

DavidW from the Foundation is helping them refine it for the actual day

And if you've not already signed up for it, Carlos does a great weekly newsletter about interesting micro:bit activities and event - but even he seems to have missed the talk in Milton Keynes :-)

If you want to sign up, go to this link and scroll down for 'micro:bit broadcast'

http://www.microbit.org/ecosystem-bycountry/

Cheers,

Nevil