[Microbit-Python] How to exclude some modules and how to supped up build?

Giovanni Giorgi jj at gioorgi.com
Sat Sep 24 08:12:56 EDT 2016

Hi,
 I am playing with micro: bit micropython source code:
https://github.com/bbcmicrobit/micropython

I have found a bit difficult to exclude module from the build.
Even if I do not expose them in the inc/microbit/mpconfigport.h
(editing the MICROPY_PORT_BUILTIN_MODULES macro)
they seems get linked in the final executable.

For instance I have evidence the music callback function microbit_music_tick
get linked even if I exclude the modmusic module from the MICROPY_PORT_BUILTIN_MODULES.

I have to define a macro to exclude module code from the build, but this is quite ugly because I need to put a lot of
if-define in a lot of file. I feel it is as a dark side path :(

There is a better way of doing it?

Also, the "yt build" re-build every time the entire source tree (200+ file).
There is a faster way to simply check my C++ module syntax?

Thank you!

--
Giovanni Giorgi
jj at gioorgi.com