[Microbit-Python] Sprint with MicroPython on ESP8266 and BBC microbits

Nevil Hunt nevil.hunt at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 11:35:17 EDT 2016

Hi Marc-Andre,

I've managed to get the micro:bit's I2C to drive various other devices such as some of the Adafruit backpack displays using micro python.

It took me a while to get the I2C syntax and commands right so it loaded the right byte in the right register.

I can send you some of my I2C display driver code to use as an I2C example if you like.

I also bought a Spark Fun Bus Pirate to help debugging the I2C.

Nevil