[Microbit-Python] Micro:bit clone, anyone!?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Oct 19 15:48:50 EDT 2016

On 19.10.2016 13:05, Carlos Pereira Atencio wrote:
> Are you sure that's right? I would have assumed Farnell could export them
> just like any other product. It's also gaining popularity in Finland, so
> they must be getting their boards somehow...

The MBs are not available in the German version of their shop and
ordering from the UK one results in a redirect to their export site
mentioning that you have to contact the export team and cannot
order online.

Perhaps the restrictions are limited to only a few countries.

I tried their Polish shop and this says:

"""
Thank you for your interest in BBC micro:bit however it is currently not
available for sale.
element14 are launching BBC micro:bit for sale in the UK, and are
working with the partners for a further roll out around the world in due
course
"""

I suppose that some shops in the UK resell the MBs and ship them
elsewhere, but assume this is not done with official permission
from whoever is blocking this for Farnell.