[Microbit-Python] Microbit is going global !

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Wed Oct 19 07:08:31 EDT 2016

On 19/10/16 12:00, Christian Barra wrote:
> Good news:
>
> http://www.wired.co.uk/article/microbit-foundation-bbc-microsoft-samsung
>
> --
> With Gravitational Cheers,
>
> Christian
> EuroPython Society board member

Yes, I've known about the micro:bit foundation for a while but have been
under embargo about it.

Regarding Marc-Andre's question - BBC is an acronym for big bureaucratic
corporation and I think you can buy them online without legal problems.
I believe the organisations who sell the boards must be UK based for odd
legal reasons. Where they deliver them to is pretty open.

I believe (and hope) the German team will be more open. I'm going to
reach out to them in any case to see if / how they engage with the wider
Python community.

I'll let people on this list know how they respond.

Ciao ciao,

N.