[Microbit-Python] Using REPL in Mu

Radomir Dopieralski microbit at sheep.art.pl
Fri Nov 18 10:48:23 EST 2016

Did you get a chance to actually read that error message? Could you
quote it here? That could shed some light about what is happening.

The REPL doesn't require any special program to be flashed -- it should
work whenever the flashed program finished its work, in particular, when
you flash an empty program, or whenever you break the program flow by
pressing ctrl+c (useful for programs that never stop by themselves).

My suspicion is that Mu has trouble locating the hardware serial port
that the micro:bit is visible as. It may be because you didn't install
the drivers for it (sadly, even though Microsoft is one of the
partners, they didn't make the drivers auto-installable), or because
your system is non-standard in some way, and Mu got confused.

It would also help if you told us which operating system you are using.

--
Radomir Dopieralski

--
Radomir Dopieralski