[Microbit-Python] Using REPL in Mu

Carlos Pereira Atencio carlosperate at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:49:38 EST 2016

Hi Peter,

Mu also provides an option to talk to the Microbit via REPL – not fine !
>         How do I get this to work correctly ?

You can download the drivers for the REPL access from the link in
http://codewith.mu , it should be next to the windows download button.

        I have a sneaking feeling that the Microbit is only ready to
> operate in REPL mode when it is first powered up.
>         Once any programs have been created and run on it – then the REPL
> mode is no longer available.

It would be the opposite actually, on a new micro:bit there would be flash
demo application without micropython, and therefore without the REPL. So in
order to use it, you must first flash a micropython script (could be an
empty script, just to get micropython into the micro:bit).

        I obtained Mu, primarily because the Cut and Paste facility does
> not work when writing programs on the BBC web site !
>         I can copy from it, to other applications – but I cannot paste
> into it – which is intensely frustrating.

Could you elaborate a bit more, that shouldn't happen. What browser and
version are you using?

Regards,
Carlos