[Microbit-Python] Introducing myself

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Mon May 16 03:39:44 EDT 2016

On 14/05/16 22:15, David Whale wrote:
> Copious notes here, for setting up the BBC Micro serial port:
>
> http://www.brahms.demon.co.uk/software/downloads/serial-cable.txt

Boy oh boy... seeing BBC basic again after all those years is a
wonderful start to my Monday morning. It's how 9yo me learned to program
and I wouldn't be a developer if it were not for the BBC micro.

Not sure why they author puts the screen into MODE 0 at the start.
That'd just immediately take up 20k of RAM and make the output amazingly
difficult to read.

Here's hoping MicroPython and the BBC micro:bit have a similar legacy
for many others.

N.