[Microbit-Python] I/O pins pull-up/down/float

Nigel Kendrick nigel.kendrick at gmail.com
Sun May 15 08:01:01 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,

I see that the micro:bit runtime defines a pin mode for the GPIO internal
pull-ups:

Int setPull ( PinMode pull)

Description

Configures the pull of this pin.

Parameters¶

    PinMode

    pull - one of the mbed pull configurations: PullUp, PullDown, PullNone

Returns

MICROBIT_NOT_SUPPORTED if the current pin configuration is anything other
than a digital input, otherwise MICROBIT_OK.

But I don’t see this abstracted to any of the end-user coding environments
(I may be wrong – be gentle with me as I am still getting up to speed here).
Is there a default behaviour for I/O pullups/downs/floats or a recommended
way to handle this with MicroPython on the micro:bit?

Tldr; I am deciding whether I need external pullups/downs on a board I am
developing.

Thanks.

Nigel Kendrick

---