[Microbit-Python] Introducing myself

Nigel Kendrick nigel.kendrick at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:17:41 EDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the message and info. I have been advised today that not all of the LED matrix driving lines are broken out to the edge connector, which is a bit of a bummer, but there you go.

Continuing the trend of not starting a trend, and since you mentioned the BBC Micro – here’s some pics of my 1979 Acorn System-1 – it was designed by Sophie Wilson, who also worked on the design of the BBC Micro.

I don’t have a pic of the micro:bit with the System-1 yet, but I plan to do a bit of coding for both and link them together so something like a message ticker runs from one display to the other – some form of “handshake across the ages”!

https://imgur.com/a/8qfon

All the best

Nigel