[Microbit-Python] MicroPython editor to launch on microbit.co.uk from tomorrow morning (UK time)

Giles Thomas giles at pythonanywhere.com
Wed Mar 9 13:12:11 EST 2016

Congratulations, Nicholas!  Really glad to hear it.

On 09/03/16 17:58, Carlos P.A. wrote:
> Congrats guys! It sounds like it's been a long road, but it will
> definitely be worth seeing it in action in the classrooms! Looking
> forward to test the online version tomorrow :)
>
> On 9 March 2016 at 17:21, Peter Inglesby <peter.inglesby at gmail.com
> <mailto:peter.inglesby at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Congratulations to Nick and the community!
>
>     On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 at 18:06 Nicholas H.Tollervey <ntoll at ntoll.org
>     <mailto:ntoll at ntoll.org>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Folks,
>
>         What the subject says. You wouldn't believe the "fun" that's
>         been had to
>         get this far. Here's hoping the kids and teachers like it.
>
>         FYI - here's what the production team who filmed some kids
>         using it
>         yesterday tweeted:
>
>         https://twitter.com/mrsclaessens/status/707184566180716544
>
>         (Also see my reply).
>
>         Many thanks to all on this list who helped us get to this point.
>
>         Big shout out to Harry and Giles at PythonAnywhere (.com) who are
>         hosting this for free and have given me the world's easiest
>         deployment
>         script.
>
>         Also, many thanks to the TouchDevelop engineering team at
>         Microsoft who
>         provided support when needed.
>
>         (As an aside, I notice lots of interesting Pythonic things at
>         Microsoft
>         at the moment, viz. their use of Jupyter and that they have a
>         dedicated
>         Python team too. It's a far cry from the "[FLOSS is] communist
>         cancer"
>         days of Ballmer.)
>
>         Best wishes,
>
>         :-)
>
>         N.

Giles Thomas <giles at pythonanywhere.com>

PythonAnywhere: Develop and host Python from your browser
<https://www.pythonanywhere.com/>

A product from PythonAnywhere LLP
17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number OC378414.
Registered address: 28 Ely Place, 3rd Floor, London EC1N 6TD, UK