[Microbit-Python] Using a REPL to debug code

woolley paul paulwoolley at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 05:05:15 EDT 2016

Not working in a school I've only just got hold of a Microbit. Trying to read
the error messages has been driving me nuts until I found this description of
setting up a REPL on a Windows box,(part way down the page).

http://www.i-programmer.info/projects/119-graphics-and-games/9636-commando-jump-game-for-the-microbit-in-python.html

I had used PuTTY in the past when accessing servers but hadn't thought it
possible on the Microbit.

This may have been written about before but if not needs to be shared with
others like me straining to read the error message.

Regards

Paul