[Microbit-Python] PyCon UK proposal - Enriching Maths and Physics teaching with Micro:bit motion sensors

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Mon Jul 11 09:55:54 EDT 2016

Folks,

We're trying to source micro:bits for use at PyCon UK. Not sure if we'll
be successful but a significant amount of effort is being made to have
some at the conference for people to play with.

I had promised to deliver a bunch of the devices I'd been given in the
spring (pre-launch) but was told to stop for "reasons". (In fact I was
asked to recall them and return them to the BBC, but I ignored that
request and the person who made it has now left the BBC).

I could post people a device if they ping me an email with their address
or they come to Paddington where I work,  although this won't happen any
time soon given that I'm preparing for next  week's EuroPython, a new
release of MicroPython for the micro:bit and a significantly improved
Mu. You're looking at the start of August as an ETA.

If I can help, I will. However, I'm snowed under and may not be quick
and/or require reminding (I don't mind being reminded).

Hope this helps,

N.