[Microbit-Python] Using micro-python to send simple radio commands?

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Fri Jul 8 04:00:12 EDT 2016

Folks,

Yes, the draft API docs (here:
https://github.com/bbcmicrobit/micropython/pull/305/files#diff-9670f8cd030b22f84c34b6dfd1dcdc5dR32)
for the upcoming module describe a config method where you can override
the defaults for: message length, queue size, channel number, power,
address and data rate.

It'll have two send/receive methods: send_bytes/receive_bytes (for
arbitrary bytes) and a simple convenience send/receive (for strings).
The former allows advanced users to send any arbitrary data, the latter
(for kids) facilitates the simplest possible messages with zero overhead.

FWIW, I was writing the C for this stuff on the train into work this
morning. I should have it finished off this evening after my commute
home. Will then be tested and I hope it'll be in master by the end of
next week.

Hope this helps.

N.