[Microbit-Python] compiling micropython

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Mon Feb 22 09:09:26 EST 2016

On 22/02/16 13:56, Jonathan Austin wrote:
> I’m intrigued - you can actually just copy the right firmware onto the mass
> storage device that should be auto mounted (or you can manually mount) when
> you plug in the micro:bit
>
> For example:
>    $ cp /path/to/micropython-microbit.hex /media/username/MICROBIT/
>
> Does uflash handle concatenating your python script with the interpreter
> firmware too? Or is it just an easy way to get hold of an appropriate
> firmware image. If so, we should perhaps stick one up somewhere really
> obvious?

Hi Jonny,

uflash contains an up-to-date version of the MicroPython hex. It
auto-detects where the device is mounted. It does all the hexlifying of
Python and concatenation to the afore mentioned MicroPython hex. It'll
also extract Python from a hex. :-)

Full docs here:

http://uflash.readthedocs.org/

N.