[Microbit-Python] Microbit and Wifi

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Feb 8 07:38:30 EST 2016

On 07.02.2016 15:17, Radomir Dopieralski wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2016 15:04:15 +0100
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>
>> While reading up on the ESP8266 I also started to wonder whether
>> using the AT command interface is really such a good approach.
>> A native program running on the ESP8266 as Radomir suggested may
>> be better to simplify the connection to the Microbit.
>
> With a custom program, you could also connect it to the Micro:Bit over
> I²C or ISP interface, instead of UART, and thus not lose the REPL.

I'm afraid, I have no idea how to program I2C or ISP interfaces,
so those are not really alternatives. :-)

On 07.02.2016 15:11, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Until MicroPython for the esp8266 is ready, I suggest running NodeMCU on
> it. Much easier to work with than AT commands and Lua is a nice language
> too.

I'll see how that goes. I'm more familiar with regular C
than LUA, so if the ESP8266 C SDK works out fine, then going
straight for C is likely the better option for me.

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Feb 08 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/