[Microbit-Python] micro:bit - communications with a PC

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Sat Dec 24 12:31:06 EST 2016

Jonny and I made a 41 micro:bit tone-matrix using this Python code below,
that we showed at ARM TechCon this year.

https://github.com/whaleygeek/tonematrix

There were 40 micro:bits working via the radio interface, and a 41st
micro:bit acted as a gateway between the radio network and the USB serial
on a Raspberry Pi. There is a version of pyserial embedded inside this
project, so feel free to lift the 'microbit' folder as it does all the hard
work of connecting to the microbit and managing state etc etc.

The Raspberry Pi uses pygame to play musical chords through a speaker. The
40 micro:bits form a 5x8 matrix that you can use to turn on and of specific
notes at specific positions.

Here is a very short video that ARMEmbedded tweeted from the show:

https://twitter.com/ARMEmbedded/status/791346934644609024

David