[Microbit-Python] MicroPython micro:bit metronome hardware / IO testing

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Mon Sep 7 09:31:52 CEST 2015

Morning!

It's funny that you pick up on the "live coding" aspect of this (rather
than the IO hack that I was trying to demo). :-)

Totally get the problems with making mistakes and typing in the REPL.
Damien, auto-indenting (4 spaces please!) would be very handy. I also
agree that splitting things into functions would be the way to go - but
I was in a rush.

I also think it a "feature" that if you've flashed a script onto the
device and you drop into the REPL you'll see all your code is in scope
(e.g. dir() will return all the expected things). I believe this is a
HUGE win for the purposes of testing and playtime.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. More stuff coming soon.

N.