[Microbit-Python] MicroPython micro:bit metronome hardware / IO testing

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Sun Sep 6 22:43:33 CEST 2015

Love it!

All we need now is a resident editor, and we have a BBC Micro just like the
1980's.

No, seriously, I mean this as a good thing - typing interactively is magic,
but if you make a typing error, you have to type the whole lot in again
(just like with the python shell). A simple resident editor, and you don't
need *anything* else to use your microbit!

I've always loved the live coding feel of interactive python, interactive
lua, interactive ruby, that's why I like those languages so much. (live
coding with Python and Minecraft is huge fun by the way) It is so easy to
 "run a little live experiment" to see how something works, then switch
back to your bigger program you are editing and knit it all together into a
bigger application.

David Whale, B.Sc (Hons), MIET
*Software Engineer and IET Schools Liaison Officer, Essex*

email:  dwhale at theiet.org
twitter: @whaleygeek
blog:  blog.whaleygeek.co.uk

Co-author of the new book "Adventures in Minecraft" <http://amzn.to/ZGfxZG>