[Microbit-Python] Failed attempt at Whack-A-Mole

Damien George damien.p.george at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:44:17 CEST 2015

I have added a script to the microbit-micropython repository called
makecombinedhex.py; see
https://github.com/dpgeorge/microbit-micropython/blob/master/tools/makecombinedhex.py

You can use it like this:

./makecombinedhex.py <path to firmware.hex> <your script.py> -o combined.hex

Then just copy combined.hex to the micro:bit as usual, reset, and it
should work!

I have tested this script with the firmware.hex I attached to the
email yesterday, and with the whack-a-mole script, at it works.

I don't know what's wrong with upyed... maby Nicholas can tell us?

Regarding running out of RAM using tools/pyboard.py: that's not
possible to fix (easily) because pyboard.py will download the entire
script into RAM on the microbit first, and then compile it.  So if the
script is 4k then that uses already half your RAM.