[Microbit-Python] Battery plug orientation

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Tue Nov 17 12:33:47 EST 2015

Hi Nicholas

It changed between revisions. On the older revision boards that had no silk
screen haircut on them, the red positive went next to the reset switch.
This was wrong compared to every other battery pack wiring you might find
on the internet for other boards.

The newer boards with the silk screen haircut on the front, the red wire is
on the edge of the board. The later version of the board now also has a 3V
marked on the underside edge of the micro:bit to clarify this.

So, on the more recent boards, if you buy a battery pack for an Adafruit
Flora, Gemma etc, it is wired the same, which is useful indeed!

See attached wobbly photo I just took of my latest micro:bit - you can just
about see on the top right corner the 3V and the little solid and dashed
line on the silk screen.

[image: Inline images 1]

David

David Whale, B.Sc (Hons), MIET
*Software Engineer and IET Schools Liaison Officer, Essex*

email:  dwhale at theiet.org
twitter: @whaleygeek
blog:  blog.whaleygeek.co.uk

Co-author of the new book "Adventures in Minecraft" <http://amzn.to/ZGfxZG>