[Microbit-Python] Halp! Reinstalled OS and can't build firmware anymore.

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Wed Nov 11 22:57:03 EST 2015

I /should/ be current with microbit / micropython / yotta modules.  But
I installed Ubuntu 15.10, and it turns out my "prebuild.sh" is
insufficient to get all the dependencies.  When I start a build I get
this error right away:

    In file included from
    /home/larry/src/microbit/microbit-micropython/yotta_modules/mbed-classic/api/Timer.h:19:0,
                      from
    /home/larry/src/microbit/microbit-micropython/yotta_modules/mbed-classic/common/Timer.cpp:16:
    /home/larry/src/microbit/microbit-micropython/yotta_modules/mbed-classic/api/platform.h:25:19:
    fatal error: cstddef: No such file or directory
      #include <cstddef>
                        ^

This sure looks like libstdc++ to me.  I installed every likely-looking
libstdc++ library I could find in the package manager.  No joy.

Anybody go from 0 to compiling on Ubuntu recently?

Anxiously yours,

//arry/