[Microbit-Python] First draft doc attempt at Larry's game related work

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Sat Nov 7 13:38:56 EST 2015

Hi Folks,

If you remember, Larry created three classes to aid in game making on
the micro:bit. You can find his notes here:

https://bitbucket.org/larry/microbit_game

The next steps were for us to define a MicroPython API in much the same
as we did for the music API. To this end I've created a first draft of
documentation describing what this may look like as an API for kids
based upon Larry's work.

IT'S A STRAW MAN. I'm not precious about anything I've written and would
welcome feedback and pull requests to the docs. I'll be pushing for
getting a consensus soon-ish so work can start on getting Larry's code
merged into MicroPython in the appropriate manner.

You'll find it in the game-api-docs branch of our repos or here:

https://github.com/bbcmicrobit/micropython/blob/game-api-docs/docs/game_api.rst

Although GitHub munges RST so here's a direct link to the raw file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bbcmicrobit/micropython/game-api-docs/docs/game_api.rst

As always, comments, constructive critique and ideas are most welcome!

Best wishes,

Nicholas.