[Microbit-Python] SUCCESS! Setting up a local version of microbit's TouchDevelop

Giles Thomas giles at pythonanywhere.com
Wed Jul 15 17:07:35 CEST 2015

On 15/07/15 11:52, Nicholas H.Tollervey wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I spent an hour or so this morning trying to crack the "set up the dev
> environment" nut for the Python editor in TouchDevelop.
>
> Turns out that the instructions from Microsoft are a tad incomplete,
> we'd taken a few missteps but I've figured out the problems and I'm
> looking at a locally running version of the site.
>
> Yay.

Yay!!!!!

Very much looking forward to seeing your notes.

ATB

Giles

> I'll re-trace my steps, write them down and stick 'em in a README which
> can form the start of a Python in TD editor that targets MicroPython.
> It'd be good if people can check these steps on Windows and Mac (I'm on
> Linux) to ensure we have the minimum amount of hassle needed to set
> things up for new developers.
>
> I'd like all our editor development to be free and public. Still
> awaiting Howard's ruminations on this.
>
> N.

Giles Thomas <giles at pythonanywhere.com>

PythonAnywhere: Develop and host Python from your browser
<https://www.pythonanywhere.com/>

A product from PythonAnywhere LLP
17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number OC378414.
Registered address: 28 Ely Place, 3rd Floor, London EC1N 6TD, UK