[Microbit-Python] developer.mbed.org usernames

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Wed Jul 15 16:20:07 CEST 2015

My mbed user name is whaleygeek, as per my twitter handle :)

Mark Joyce gave me access to some of the mbed stuff earlier so that I could
re-flash my broken device, but I don't know what scope this covers and if
there are additional areas I don't have access to yet.

Interestingly I discovered by selotaping my microbit to a frying pan (don't
ask!) that if you hold the system button while inserting the USB, it enters
bootloader mode and you have to reflash it to recover it. Now that's got to
be the silliest way of discovering bootloader mode ever!!!

There is an image file on the mbed microbit site that you can re-flash if
you do this by accident like I did, but that presumes you have a spare
frying pan to hand, of course.

David

David Whale, B.Sc (Hons), MIET
*Software Engineer and IET Schools Liaison Officer, Essex*

email:  dwhale at theiet.org
twitter: @whaleygeek
blog:  blog.whaleygeek.co.uk

Co-author of the new book "Adventures in Minecraft" <http://amzn.to/ZGfxZG>