[Microbit-Python] MicroPython on micro:bit TODO list

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Wed Jul 15 15:05:15 CEST 2015

Hey hey,

I think Damien may already have access to the correct repos (Damien?).

From my point of view, this is more about giving the wider community
access to the appropriate repos so we can build some community
engagement before the device hits "the streets". Hence my desire to open
up enough of the project so people who want to work on either
MicroPython itself or the editor that targets it in TouchDevelop have
zero cost of entry as it were.

This is why I spent some time this morning going through the set-up
instructions so people will be able to get to a working development
environment in under 5 minutes.

We all know how impatient developers are - if we (metaphorically) get
them to stand on one leg, stick a finger in their ear and whistle "God
Save the Queen" in order to get started then it ain't going to happen!

;-)

Access to code, accurate docs and baby steps instructions for common
tasks are the order of the day at this stage.

Does this make sense?

N.