[Microbit-Python] A native editor

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Dec 7 05:04:30 EST 2015

On 07/12/2015 09:13, Nicholas H.Tollervey wrote:
> This will be a Chrome App that you download and install from Google's
> "App Store" thingamabob for Chrome Apps. When you download the app
> you'll be walked through the permissions required (that you accept or
> decline). I'm doing my work on Debian Jessie and it worked for me. This
> is a very important user journey, but one that I can't test until we
> have something semi-functional telling us what the permissions need to
> be (currently, storage, serial and filesystem).

I'm only following this at a distance but... Raspberry Pi? I know it's
now running Jessie, but can it handle Chrome / Chromium? Looking a
little tricky if I'm reading things aright:

https://medium.com/@icebob/jessie-on-raspberry-pi-2-with-docker-and-chromium-c43b8d80e7e1#.9g5xnqtju

(I'm not clear whether RPi is to be considered a primary target platform
for the Python Microbit work or not).

TJG