[Microbit-Python] Editor code update...

Damien George damien.p.george at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:55:23 CEST 2015

Nicholas: I managed to follow your instructions and get the
MicroPython version of TouchDevelop running locally!

Two things to note:

1. I managed to install the npm packages localling by not giving the
-g switch to npm.  But then jake is not in your path (it's in
TouchDevelop/node_modules/.bin).

2. I didn't need to enter the strange jnhrsrcsui code anywhere.

Also some things re MicroPython:

1. If your script is in an infinite loop and you connect via serial
then CTRL-C should break out of the loop and drop you to the REPL
(with a KeyboardInterrupt exception, as per Python specs :)

2. We should probably display any SyntaxError's or other error
messages on the microbit's display, for those who don't have serial
access and wonder why their script doesn't run.