[meta-sig] Re: Another try at a Python Web SIG?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Oct 14 21:46:45 EDT 2003

I've put up a draft charter for a Python Web SIG at
http://www.parc.com/janssen/transient/websig.html.

Here are the two required blurbs:

(short one) The Python Web SIG is dedicated to improving Python's
support for interacting with World Wide Web services and clients.

(long one) The first task should be to create a plan (in the form of a
PEP) for bringing the Web support in the standard Python library up to
modern standards.  This would address capabilities such as (but not
limited to) CSS parsing, XHTML parsing and generation support,
client-side and server-side SSL support, simple server frameworks,
multi-part/form-data POST support, and CGI support.  I suggest that we
set a time limit of six months for coming up with a plan.

Bill