[meta-sig] Proposal: Web-SIG

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
08 Apr 2003 23:18:17 -0400

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 19:59, Ian Bicking wrote:

> Yes, I suppose I could do that.  But then people would just email me,
> and I'd have to somehow collect and relay responses... that's what
> mailing lists are for.  So I'd just have to find a list elsewhere, when
> all I'm trying to do is get a list and a little web page... I was just
> hoping getting the mailing list would be the easy part.  I should've
> just asked for an SF project, that'd be long done by now...

/Creating/ the mailing list is indeed the easy part -- I can do it in
about 5 minutes.  It sounds like there's not quite consensus yet that
all the requirements for a sig are in place.  Personally, I think if you
put together a sig page like for the existing sigs, and there's a clear
mission that the list is going to be used to get work done, I have no
problems creating it.

Sigs should by their nature have a finite lifetime.

-Barry