[meta-sig] Retired SIGS, SIG ownership

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:32:04 -0700

>  > I propose the to expire the following SIGs, since they either have
>>  achieved their mission (thread-sig), or failed to do so with no
>>  visible progress:
>>
>>  c++-sig
>>  compiler-sig
>>  plot-sig
>>  thread-sig
>
>Agreed.  I'll post to each of these sigs about their imminent demise.
>I expect that Geoff Furnish will yet again complain about plans to
>shut down the C++ sig.  Possibly Jeremy Hylton has plans for the
>compiler-sig.

One question might be what to do about the off-site SIG (at least the
one I know about): PyObjC, which seems to be far more alive than it's
been in years, quite probably because of the shipping of MacOS X.
There isn't, afaik, a link from python.org, but perhaps there should
be a link to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyobjc

_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
                                                          - Douglas Adams