[meta-sig] SIG Creation Proposal

Milton L. Hankins mlh@swl.msd.ray.com
Fri, 15 May 1998 14:56:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> Milton L. Hankins writes:
> >I suppose this SIG could be called "TkinterPlugin".  I thought about
> >restarting the Web SIG, but I belive this warrants something more
> >specific.
>
> 	Is a formal SIG really needed for this?  You could just start
> a mailing list (perhaps on one of the free list hosting services) and
> announce it.  If you like, I can create such a list on one such
> service (makelist.com) along with the other lists I manage.

That's OK, I can handle it.  I just thought it would be a good way to be
placed on a list of active projects.  Over the months, several people have
expressed interest in this beast on comp.lang.python.  I didn't want
anyone to duplicate effort.

> 	On the other hand, the proposed SIG (Plugin-SIG?) *does* have
> a very clear-cut deliverable, and thus is more likely to reach its
> final goal, rather than drag on forever without getting anything done.

But perhaps this project isn't involved enough to require a SIG.

Milton L. Hankins  <><  Software Engineer, Raytheon Electronic Systems
 John 3:16 || I can't speak for Raytheon Company, but I often try to
  L-I-F-E  || speak for my wife and my cat.  The latter doesn't mind.